Sunday, May 16, 2010

the two things I have to update everyone on my life:

one, kyle's first day at his new job was today and he loved it. it helps me realize how much I really love him, sometimes... things like hearing him say that, "I love it," literally brought me so much joy that I was beaming the whole way home. his happiness = my happiness.

two, I got nominated for employee of the quarter, company-wide! I probably won't win, since our corporate office probably gets about 50 nominations per cycle, but it's still a certificate in a frame and a $50 american express gift card, and something to write on my resume. I feel like employee-of-the-month type motivation is so lame in a lot of ways--I once heard a comedian refer to it as a good example of how to be a winner and a loser at the same time--but now that it's something I really feel like I earned and am genuinely proud of, its lameness somehow miraculously wore off pretty quickly.

I hesitated about whether to post this, since it only perpetuates the fact that now on entry #4, I still have yet to discuss anything but work and Kyle... but I decided that's a fairly accurate representation of my life. hopefully, soon, I will be writing about all the friendships I'm rekindling and the yoga class I'm joining (that one really is in the works... in the sense that I went on the 24-hour fitness website and looked at times... a week ago...) and all the finals I'm passing with flying colors. you just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers