Tuesday, May 11, 2010

promotion-central!

I don't have a lot of time, I basically just came home to shower and change. but while I'm here, in the interest of documenting the monumental events of my life, my promotion is official!

not like it wasn't official before, but it still wasn't put into place, I was still getting paid the same amount, I didn't have an office or my own direct phone extension or hotel email address...

and I guess, now that I'm typing it out, I don't technically have those things yet either. but at least they're in the works. my business cards have been ordered. Susie Wittbrodt, Accounting Manager. I will soon have a new nametag and sooner we will have an employee meeting to make the announcement. it's all just so much more real than it was when they proposed it to me a couple of months ago.

...I can't decide which part is my favorite, but I'm leaning toward my own office. sure, it's the smallest one we have in the back back of everyone else's... sure I barely have room to wheel my chair from one side of it to the other, but it would be MINE. I could put my own pictures on the wall, pick out my own pencil holder from Staples, choose my own color of post-its. I could close the door when I have extra-specially-important business stuff to do.

I reread paragraphs like that and I have no idea why anybody in their right mind would promote me, given that post-its are my main point of excitement. but I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers